Germany Job Seeker Visa
With unemployment being on the decline in Germany and its job market being highly-regarded worldwide, many foreign internationals heads towards Germany to look for a job. Finding a job and becoming a resident of Germany is possible, however, there are certain procedures one must follow initially.
If you are interested in finding work in Germany, you may go to Germany on a job seeker visa. The Germany job seeker visa allows individuals to remain in Germany for a specific period of time and search for employment. But not everyone needs this type of visa to search for employment in Germany. You will find out the details in no time.
Obtaining a job seeker visa to Germany is not easy, you will have to be eligible and fulfil all the requirements and go through the application process with a lot of precision. Now, let’s go through everything you need to know.
What Is the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The Germany job seeker visa is a type of long-term visa which entitles you to stay in Germany for up to six months and search for a job. However, not everyone is eligible for this type of visa, and to be granted one, certain requirements must be met.
Do I Need the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Whether or not you need a job seeker visa depends on your citizenship or nationality. Those coming from the EU, EEA, and Switzerland can enter Germany to seek for a job without the need to obtain a visa first.
Moreover, the countries whose residents are also exempt from obtaining a job seeker visa are Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Canada, and the USA. Individuals arriving from these countries are not required to obtain a job seeker visa, but they must register for a residency permit once they arrive in Germany.
What Is the Germany Job Seeker Visa Eligibility Criteria?
The Germany job seeker visa requires its applicants to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Be of adult age. You should be at least 18 to apply for this visa.
- Have an adequate qualification. You are required to have a Bachelor or Master’s degree from a German university or other equivalent foreign degree.
- Experience requirement. You should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience to be eligible for the Germany job seeker visa.
- Proof of financial stability. You should prove you can cover your expenses for the duration of your stay in Germany.
How to Get the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria for the job seeker visa to Germany, you must also make sure you collect all the necessary documents and properly submit an application to the German embassy/consulate in your country.
Which Are the Germany Job Seeker Visa Requirements?
The documents required for your Germany job seeker visa application are:
- Two filled out, printed, and signed application forms.
- Your valid passport.
- Three identical passport-format photographs – according to biometric specifications.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of travel health insurance. You should provide a proof that you are health insured. The travel health insurance plan PROVISIT VISUM by DR-WALTER meets all visa requirements of the German immigration authorities
- Proof of financial resources. You should prove you can cover your expenses for the duration of your stay, through one of the following:
- Bank statement.
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” – Letter of commitment/declaration by someone proving your expenses will be covered.
- Blocked bank account.
- Curriculum Vitae. Containing full education and employment history.
- Proof of personal status. (if applicable: marriage certificate, birth certificate of applicant, wife, children).
- Cover letter. Written and signed by the applicant explaining the exact purpose, course of action to find a job and the duration of their stay in Germany as well as further career plans.
- Proof of academic qualification.
- Visa fee payment confirmation.
There are certain documents that would be a plus if included in your application, such as signed letters of recommendation or language certificates showing you can speak German.
* Please note that the German Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
How to Apply for a Germany Job Seeker Visa?
To apply for the German Job Seeker visa, you must follow these steps:
- Complete the German job seeker visa application form.
- Make the visa appointment.
- Collect the required documents for the Job seeker visa.
- Attend the interview at the German Embassy/Consulate.
- Pay the job seeker visa fees.
What Is the Germany Job Seeker Visa Fee?
The Germany job seeker visa fee is €75 taking into consideration that visa is considered as a type of long-term visa. The visa fee is subject to change at any time and the money will not get reimbursed to you if your job seeker visa to Germany gets rejected.
Can I Extend the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The Germany job seeker visa cannot be extended. This means if you are unable to find work during the time your visa is valid for (six months), you will have to return to your home country.
If you are able to find work in Germany during the time you spend here on your job seeking visas, you will not be required to return home and apply for a working visa/residence permit because you can do this in Germany.
Can I Work with a German Job-Seeker Visa?
No, you are not allowed to take up employment with a job-seeker visa. Once you have found a job in Germany, you must apply for a residence permit for employment.