Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
- we grant the visa, if you are in Australia
- you enter Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:.
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa.
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, to assist us in processing your visa please tell us the reason why.
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa Pricing Estimator.
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We ask for the charge only if we are going to grant the visa.
The second instalment charge for family members is AUD4,885.
The Visa Pricing Estimator does not include the second instalment or other costs.You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide your application but not in immigration clearance.
If you apply in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a Subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a Subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a Subclass 030 Bridging C visa, otherwise your application will not be valid.
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
Be able to score 65 points or more
The subclass 190 is a points-tested visa.
When you submit your EOI in Skill Select you will be given an indicative points score based on the claims you have made. If you do not obtain a score of 65 points you will not be invited to apply for this visa.
If we do invite you to apply for the visa, your invitation will state the number of points that you must score when we assess your application for grant of the visa (this score may be higher than 65 points, depending on your claims in the EOI).
When you lodge your application you must provide evidence supporting your claims.
To calculate how many points you may score please visit Express Consultancy or make an appointment from our website
N.B: The occupation list for subclass 190 visa will be discussed by the Express Consultancy Consultants