- Germany’s educational institutions, like universities and colleges, are highly demandable to international students for its tuition-free education.
- German Universities and their professional staff offer high calibre and updated education
- Numerous universities offer universal courses in English too. So realizing German is not compulsory however suggested
- The German universities mostly focus on offering research projects for international students, and this is why Germany as a study destination is the priority for many students across the globe. The state gives money related support to the exploration activities, and this empowers the students to do their studies and learn in a real-life experience
- Studying in Germany gives fascinating subjects as well as various free time activities and many travel facilities. It is incredibly worth becoming more acquainted with this nation in the core of Europe
- Far less expensive study destination compared to other destination
- International students are permitted to remain for a year and half after graduation, in case of searching for an occupation and they get the chance to become a citizen also after a certain stage.
Germany offers three types of university education at higher study level for international students
- Technical Universities:
Technical Universities mostly offer research-oriented courses, they offer Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and PhD’s. The technical university also the best place for international students when they choose to do doctorate degrees in Germany.
- University of Applied Science:
UAS are industry oriented; Study programs include work placements and practical semesters.
- Colleges of art, film and music:
College for artistic courses
- A student who wants to study in Germany should possess an above-average academic record. All qualifications are assessed by relevant institutions to ascertain whether the student is eligible to be admitted into a particular course.
- The requirement for a Bachelors: 12-year secondary school leaving certificate or Pre-University Examination and Study in college (It is a foundation course for academic study at university)
- The requirement for a Masters: University bachelor degree of three years or four years from a recognized university.
Required Language Test(s)
- English Language: International Degree Programmes are usually taught in English. Therefore an English proficiency test is mandatory for prospective students
- TOEFL min score required by most Universities is 86 and above
- IELTS min score required by most Universities is at least 6.5 or higher
- GRE/GMAT is not mandatory requirement for admission for most universities, but few institutions may ask for it. Although the universities where GMAT is not compulsory for admission, a student having a good score in GMAT can get benefits sometimes. Number of universities like TUHH, RWTH Aachen, Saarland University asks GRE scores for particular subjects
- The student who wants to stay in Germany for more than 90 days will need a national visa. This visa is issued for a stay of longer than three months, provided the student wishes to attend a pathway course at a “Studienkolleg” or those intending to complete a full university course.
- Insurance for VISA Health and Travel both are mandatory.
Insurance for VISA
- Carrying Insurance for Visa is not mandatory.
Students are allowed to work during study. After the first three months, students are permitted to work 120 full days or 240 half days. In fact, in some cities, work inside the University is unrestricted as long as it does not impact studies. Mandatory Internship, Project work or Thesis work are excluded from the work restrictions or work permit necessity.
Post Study Options
Upon completing the study from the university, international students are allowed to stay up to 1.5 years in order to apply for jobs. Upon receiving a Letter of Intent or employment contract, an international student becomes eligible to apply for a Work Permit at the Local Employment Office. Issuance of a work permit may take around 4 to 6 weeks.
Additional Information About Germany