- Premier destination with world –class educational institutions
- Leading world-class educational hub
- Offers bachelor’s as well as Master’s Degrees in all disciplines
- Top notch teaching infrastructure with high quality methodology
- Degree from Singapore Universities possess worldwide recognition
- Degree obtained at an affordable price
- Wide spectrum of job opportunities
English is the medium of education in Singapore but one of the unique competitive advantages of the nation’s education system is its bilingual policy. Singapore’s government and educational institutes offer various scholarships for international students. Various exchange programmes are also conducted by universities of Singapore and other countries. However, cost of education is low in Singapore as compared to other destinations. Prospective students can obtain financial assistance from the government and Universities of Singapore through various scholarships and fellowships.
Higher education is offered in 2 types of Universities
- National Universities: Singapore has six national universities, namely the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Management University, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore Institute of Technology and SIM University providing a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes including doctoral degrees.
- Private universities: Singapore has foreign universities which have established campuses in Singapore such as the Chicago Business School and TechnischeUniversitätMünchen,.The James Cook University Singapore, University of Adelaide, Southern Cross University, University of New Brunswick, Queen Margaret University, Temple University, The City University of New York, Baruch College, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Aventis School of Management, Curtin University of Technology providing undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs
- The requirement for a Bachelor’s degree is 12th standard min 85 % for National Universities.
- The requirement for a Masters degree is excellent grades in a 4 year Bachelor’s degree for National Universities
- Requirement for MBA is a 3 or 4 year Bachelor’s degree in any subject at NTU; NUS demands 2 years of work experience & a 1st class degree. MBA is possible without work experience as well.
- SAT is required for NTU & SMU. NUS doesn’t require SAT
- IELTS is specific to universities, Admission is possible with and without IELTS depending on the University
- TOEFL also is very specific to universities
- GRE is required only for National Universities for masters
- GMAT is required only for certain Business schools which are national as well as private
After receiving an acceptance letter (valid for two weeks) from an institute of higher education in Singapore, students need to apply for a Student’s Pass to be eligible to stay there. Application for a Student’s Pass has to be made at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority or online using the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system. A Student’s Pass is generally valid for the entire duration of the course. Visa Stamping is done upon arrival to the university. In-principle approval (IPA) letter which is provided by the institution is sent to the university along with the admission application form and the student gets the Student pass which is sufficient to fly to Singapore. Upon arrival the university will assist in Visa Stamping.
Whilst studying in Singapore, medical or health insurance is compulsory for students and will cover all medical expenses while studying in Singapore.
Post Study Options
After completing degree programme, students should submit an application for a one-year Visit Pass (Long-Term) to seek employment in Singapore. Employers make the application.Students at the national universities also sign a 3 year bond to get subsidise tuition fee